Debbie's Reviews > Shiver

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

2030013
Jun 02, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, ya, romance

I loved this, and would have given it 4 1/2 stars if I could. Not 5, for a little bit of clunkiness and rather a lot of rather dubious and conveniently uncomprehending adults. But oh, so romantic. Can't wait for the next one!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.

Hallie Phew! It hit my romantic spot just right too, but some friends have been differing pretty sharply on it. Glad you loved it too!

Debbie Hallie wrote: "Phew! It hit my romantic spot just right too, but some friends have been differing pretty sharply on it. Glad you loved it too!"

Well, I'm a sucker for romance :) But I'm also a sucker for strong characters and good writing - some of it more than good. I loved Ballad, too, and can't wait to read its sequel.

message 3: by Hallie (last edited Jun 10, 2010 12:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hallie Have you heard anything about the third Lament/Ballad book? I had such a problem with the depiction of Dee in Ballad and then saw nothing about the next book, though there *has* to be one! Surely.

Debbie I haven't! In fact, here, I haven't even seen Ballad. I got Shiver from the library and have the second one on a hold order (it's on order), but there's no word on Ballad. Shiver is now available in pb in bookstores here, in fact I just bought myself a copy yesterday ;-), but I haven't seen the other series at all.

Hallie Oh - okay then, I won't say anything more, but will worry in silence. :)