Flannery's Reviews > Serial

Serial by Jack Kilborn

Aug 16, 09

bookshelves: read-on-kindle, read-in-2009
Read in August, 2009

** spoiler alert ** My friend Lisa was mad that we made her go in the car for a whirlwind trip of the Olympic peninsula. I offered her my Kindle. First thing she picks--THIS. She didn't speak until until she was finished reading and then she said, "I've just read the most disturbing thing ever," and then that was all she said.

Fast forward a week: I read the short story and I cannot believe how nonchalant she was about it! We were on our way to a hike and I couldn't stop thinking about the story for about a mile into it. WHen I told my parents what the story was about, they laughed. I was like, "well a serial killer picks up and kills hitchhikers. And another serial killer is a hitchhiker who kills her drivers. Serial killer 1 picks up serial killer 2." What a great premise for a story!

Either way, I think I really enjoy the horror genre and will definitely be reading more in the future. It was pretty gruesome at parts but hey, books are meant to induce reactions and I definitely had one to this.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serial.