Ruth's Reviews > Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul: Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit

Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul by Jack Canfield

Aug 15, 09

bookshelves: i-won-t-be-reading

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul.

11/04/2013 marked as: i-won-t-read
11/04/2013 marked as: i-won-t-be-reading

message 1: by Dottie (last edited Aug 16, 2009 10:05AM) (new)

Dottie I wondered -- phew. the shelf designation does not show on the feed -- I didn't think this could be "real" -- but now I get it! All's right with the world again. and just so you know -- I can't read Chicken Soup Books -- I don't have that much time, you know?

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen i saw the "don't read ... "... citation. i have no problem with christians, but i avoid crusaders. i actually get the chicken soup newsletter. i use it for cut/up art. other than that, i adopt a cross warding of dracula attitude toward all things meant to inspire me.

message 3: by Ruth (new) - added it

Ruth Heehee. I wouldn't be caught dead with a Chicken Soup book, let alone a Christian one. Pah on inspirational books!

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen i meant off.
not of.
& did i spell warding correctly?

some kid on the goodreads poetry site has me neurotic about the spelling thing, not that that is such a bad thing.

Flannery O' Conner is cool, and her work is informed by her faith. Tolstoy, 2, when he isn't preachy. But the chicken soup guy ain't doing fiction, is he?

message 5: by Newengland (new)

Newengland I saw this earlier and just wondered (without passing judgment, you'll be proud to hear). OK, I lie. I did pass judgment. Sorry for my Doubting Thomas moment, Ruth!

message 6: by Ruth (new) - added it