Anna's Reviews > The Boy Who Lost His Face

Aug 15, 09

bookshelves: books-for-boys, fiction, read-in-2009, young-adult
Recommended for: middle schoolers
Read in August, 2009

I loved this book! I wasn't expecting it to be nearly as engaging as it was. It's the ideal book for middle school boys and girls but especially those hard-to-reach boys. I loved that the book touched on so many issues that we don't normally talk about but should (ex: swearing, the middle finger, the word "nipple," etc.) as well as the classic coming-of-age issues like dealing with bullies, getting girls to like you, finding true friends, and so much more. The plot is very engaging and relevant today (for city and suburban kids), even though the book was published 20 years ago! There's a lot going on in this story but it's easy to keep track of, it keeps you on your toes (and turning pages), and you can really empathize with the characters. Awesome book!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Who Lost His Face.

message 1: by katarzyna (new)

katarzyna Why don't you try the ~Wayside School~~~ series also by Louis Sachar, dear sister???????

Anna Hmm, Mrs. F, instead of being so passive aggressive why don't you post some reviews on Goodreads???

message 3: by katarzyna (new)

katarzyna Anna wrote: "Hmm, Mrs. F, instead of being so passive aggressive why don't you post some reviews on Goodreads??? "

What are you talking about, that was just a friendly suggestion!!!! And just so you know, my latest review is in production! I am currently researching so that I can write a proper review for that magnificent opus of the spoken word, "Perfect Chemistry."

Cheerio!