thebookblogger's Reviews > Bite Me!

Bite Me! by Melissa Francis

F 50x66
Aug 15, 09

liked it
Read in August, 2009

Bite Me is a wonderful debut from an author I'll be keeping my eye on, Melissa Francis. The witty dialogue and compelling plot she has produced prove that she knows what she's doing.

This novel was some-what a part of the romance genre. I liked the coupling in the novel, but didn't like the situation of it. AJ and her ex are just recently step-siblings and are still in love with each other. At first, the sibling factor added a new twist and I thought that maybe something would happen, like their parents' relationship failing, and they would reunite. The outcome of their relationship disappointed me, but didn't. I'm left wondering what will happen in the next book, Love Sucks; it already sounds promising considering the word 'love' in the title.

The action in the novel was suspenseful, and I gobbled it up. The big and evil event that AJ must live through is nail-biting. I was shocked at what was happening while I was reading it. I had suspected two people to be guilty of the set-ups fixated around AJ, but was proven wrong. It was one of the characters I least expected! Rarely is it that I cannot guess the endings of books. It was a delight to be surprised.

While the writing wasn't anything wondrous, I was still consumed by the story. As I said, I'll be waiting for the release of Love Sucks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bite Me!.