Walter_nogay's Reviews > An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It

An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore

U 50x66
Aug 15, 2009

Read in August, 2009

On my honor, I pledge that I have neither given nor recieved any unauthorized help on this assignment, nor have I presented someone else's work as my own.

Author: Al Gore
Title: An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do

Setting (Time and Place): This does not really apply for this book since it is non fiction. The time the book was written was 2005, so it could be said that the time is the present. The place is Earth.

Characters: Again, since this is a non fiction book there really are not any characters. In his book, Al Gore mentions various people that affected his understanding of global warming and dealing with moral issues. These people include his sister Nancy, his wife Tipper, his father Al Gore, Sr., and many scientists and professors.

Plot Summary: The book describes in detail all aspects of the global warming issue. Al Gore shows the effects global warming has had on the environment through many vivid pictures. He describes how the effects have come to be and why those effects are mostly our fault. Also, he explains why the naysayers of global warming are wrong and why the say that global warming is false. Thoughout the book, Al Gore explains why he is so set on working to fix global warming through stories from his life. Al Gore finishes the book by showing the reader how they can do their part to help fix global warming.

Review: Overall, I found the book both informative and interesting. The pictures did not contain the slightest bit of ambiguity. I also enjoyed Al Gore's explanation of the various data he provided. He shared his insight which he gained from being in American politics and that insight really showed me why so many people seem to be against global warming. The one part of the book that was dull at times were his stories of his own life. Some, such as the story about his sister, were quite moving and related to the book. Others, such as his son's near death accident, seemed to be repeated too many times and had too little relevancy. I would recommend this book to all as global warming is gravely important to everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Inconvenient Truth.