Kristen's Reviews > Inside Out

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Aug 10, 10

bookshelves: dystopian, youngadult, signed, own-it
Read from July 13 to 27, 2010

Why I read this: I love anything Maria writes and was really excited when she came out with this dystopian novel. I'm just sad I didn't read it sooner - cause it is full of awesome!

Plot: Trella is thrown into a rebellion without really meaning to. She's got certain experience in the pipes that makes her a necessary part of changing how things work in the system. She may not believe in the mythical way to save them, but she becomes involved because of curiosity and because her only real friend Inside is willing to risk it all to find a way out.

This book will blow you away - it is full of action, adventure and a bit of an emotional roller coaster. I love the twists and turns - getting to know Inside - a place that is both formidable and interesting at the same time. I don't normally read e-books but I couldn't stop flipping through this on the computer, it was that good.

Characters: I really liked Trella, despite her unfriendly nature and distancing herself from everyone around her. She warms up - maybe not quite to something that could be called friendly - but definitely more cooperative. I love her devotion and brilliant way of getting out of sticky spots. She's a character to admire certainly.

Relatability: Lovers of dystopian fiction and all things Maria V. Snyder will enjoy this book. Out of all of Maria's books - I have to say this is my favorite.

Cover Commentary: Love it. Definitely stands out.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inside Out.