Gaby's Reviews > Across the Pond

Aug 14, 2009

bookshelves: bostick, contemporary-romance, ya-fiction
Read in August, 2009

Synopsis:

Fourteen-year-old Brit Fred Squire was not excited for his first visit to the US with his father's friends. Aside from a tiresome school assignment of compiling the Americanisms he comes across and their British equivalents, Fred's nervous about meeting Brittany, his host family's teenage daughter.

But from the moment they meet, it's clear that Fred and Brittany, a.k.a. "Brit", click. Brit makes Fred's Americanisms assignment fun. With their shared sense of humor, love of music and sports, the two become fast friends. Brit introduces Fred to life in America - the slang, the mall, her friends, American food, and baseball. Fred even helps Brit handle her one big fear. Before they realize it, the visit is over but hopefully, Fred and Brit's friendship won't be.

Review:
I really loved this book! Fred is funny, sympathetic and hugely likable. All the characters had well defined personalities and the writing was so fun that it took me a while to realize that the book is a YA romance. Each scene in the book is fun and diverting, it makes the book much more than a romance.

I highly recommend Across the Pond to anyone looking for a light, fun read. I'm passing on my copy to my nieces - and am sure that they'll enjoy this book as much I did! I think that even young boys will enjoy the book's humor and plot.

Publisher: Xlibris Corporation; 1st edition (September 25, 2008), 120 pages.
Courtesy of Bostick Communications.

Thank you so much, Bostick and Storyheart for this opportunity!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Across the Pond.