kari's Reviews > Fragile Eternity

2207055
Feb 01, 10

bookshelves: 2010, ya
Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Not sure why I'm continuing this series. Curiosity, maybe? There are few characters in this book or series that I even like. Most of the fey are so self-absorbed with their constant 'what's good for my court, what my court needs,' is just boring. I get it, they do what's best for their court, but seriously, I don't need to be beaten over the head with the idea. I get it.
The plot of this one takes far far too long to take off. Until Bananach(How do you even pronounce this? Like banana?)takes Seth into Faerie, there really isn't much of anything happening. Ban prowling around trying to stir up trouble, Niall being sad, angry and brooding, kind of scary, Keenan still trying in any way to get into Ash's pants.
Serious question, why does everything in the fey world seem to somehow hinge on some faerie guy getting into some teenage girls pants? The only way the summer court can be strong is if Ash does the deed with Keenan? Puh-leez. And Ash can't seem to understand why her boyfriend might have been upset to find her in Keenan's bed? Duh.
Again, what about this series is at all YA? All of this might be fine if these were all adults dealing with this stuff, but they're not. Ash wallowing month upon month and not being smart enough to suspect Keenan would know is beyond stupid on her part even if she is a teenager, especially when she could directly have asked Keenan and, since he cannot lie, as all faeries can't, he would have had to tell her what he knew. Again puh-leez.
A boring plot with few likeable characters - can't recommend.
13 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fragile Eternity.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 5: by Rogue (last edited Jan 10, 2010 08:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rogue Not that it matters, but I think it's said 'Ban-a nok', or 'Ban-a-nak' (hard 'ch'), or something like that.

message 4: by Zee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Zee I totally agree with you, I finished the series because I seem to have a compulsive need to, it's becoming pathological with some of the total BS series I give a chance to and end up hating, oh well...

kari Zee wrote: "I totally agree with you, I finished the series because I seem to have a compulsive need to, it's becoming pathological with some of the total BS series I give a chance to and end up hating, oh wel..."

Thanks. I think this series could have been better if Marr had been able to actually get the story in her head on the pages. I don't feel that she did. And why I have to finish series I don't even like, I do not know.☺

Stacey I definitely felt the same thing! I only finished it in hopes that it would get better, but it did not. To put it mildly, it got crazy weird.

kari Yes it did. This is a strange series.