Jill Treftz's Reviews > What Happens in London

What Happens in London by Julia Quinn

Aug 14, 09

Read in August, 2009

Okay, so I've said before that I'd read anything Julia Quinn wrote--and I'd probably love it. I mean, I liked Splendid, her first book, and it's...spotty at best.

But this one? Finally, Julia Quinn has created a hero that I want for my veryvery own. I mean, I love her heroes--all of them. But there's never been the one that I just absolutely lust after. Until now. Harry is *fantastic*. He's a translator, for heaven's sake! He's badass and smart. He likes trashy novels, and reads them to the heroine from their respective windows.

(For the record, while I adore the Bridgertons, Anthony is too serious, Benedict too emo, Colin too feckless, and Gregory too desperate to really capture my attention. Much of that also goes for the Bridgeton women's heroes. With Harry, I think Quinn struck a great balance.)

Which is not to say that the book is perfect. Again, I'd like more detail--particularly about Harry's relationship with Edward, and maybe a bit more about Olivia's feelings about her older brother, b/c there was some interesting stuff built up in The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever that I think could've been more fully explored here.

I guess I just always want Quinn's books to be longer.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happens in London.