Rachel's Reviews > The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health

The China Study by T. Colin Campbell

Aug 13, 2009

Read in August, 2009

Excellent book, written by a man whose work took him to the ugly insides of special-interests' power over what we eat in America. A lot of easy to comprehend science behind good and bad eating and the effects of food choice on our long-term health. We're never going back to the way we used to eat. We know too much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The China Study.

Chanelle Thanks for the recommendation, I think I will read that. (Although Dave probably wishes I would quit reading nutrition books!) With every book I read, I find myself throwing out half of the stuff in my pantry. The problem is getting my kids to comply, I should have started when they were babies. The more I know, the more I cringe at what they eat!

Rachel Same here--about the cringing. I been ordering cook books online to support a plant-based diet. Vegonomican and How to Cook Everyting Vegetarian have some great recipes; I'm waiting anxiously for "Indian Vegetarian Cooking at Your House". It has ingredients in English, plus fat/carb ratios. Found it on Amazon.