Jessi's Reviews > New Moon

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

Aug 19, 09

Read in August, 2009

I have heard this installment was worse than the first, but I actually liked this one better.

I still had the same problems as last time. Vampires too overpowered. Almost every second of Bella's life being chronicled. Bella's lying. Strange repeated usages of words like whooshed in italics.

Also, what's with all the angst? "I'd die without you, and I'd do it myself." Yea, that's just the thing I want my 15-year-old daughter reading.

Oh and, "I lied to you and left you for your own good." Tell me that's not overused.

But you just can't have a schmucky romance without a love triangle. The introduction of Jacob as a major character really made me realize the most specific problem I had with Twilight. I don't really care for Edward or Bella. I care about them enough to want them to live and be happy, but not enough to read endless pages about their lovey-dovey romance. Jake I really liked a lot. Also, it mad me feel a little better knowing that the vampires have a natural enemy that is keeping them in check. Though, six werewolves in Washington are not going to be much against the many, many vampires that are living all over, you know, should they decide to use their immensely over powered selves to take over the world.

Personally, If I were Bella, I'd take dark, warm, and friendly over ice cold and self-obsessed, but that's just me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Moon.