Annie's Reviews > Just Take My Heart

Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark

Aug 13, 09

bookshelves: thriller-mystery-books
Read in May, 2009, read count: Once

Mary Higgins Clark books will always remind me of my grandma. Whenever a new book she writes is released my Gram will purchase it. I love it. Her bookcase downstairs is filled with every single novel, I daresay, Clark has written. Also for as long as I can remember, my Gram is always gracious enough to let my sisters, aunt and I borrow it. This was the case with Just Take My Heart. Like most Higgins Clark mystery/thrillers, this was a light quick read. A famous actress, in the midst of a divorce, is shot and killed in her home. Her soon to be ex-husband is the prime suspect. A prosecutor named Emily Wallace is assigned to try the case. She lost her husband in Iraq and she also recently received a heart transplant. Emily also has a creepy neighbor who is constantly spying on her and actually plotting to kill her. As you can see from this brief blurb there is a lot of story lines. It managed to wrap up nicely but felt slightly contrived especially with the revelation on the last page, something I guessed from (spoiler alert-sort of!) title. It was entertaining, but not one of my favorites of this author.

No Favorite Quotes.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Take My Heart.