faeriemyst's Reviews > Meridian

Meridian by Amber Kizer

Aug 13, 09

bookshelves: paranormal, young-adult-fiction, young-adult-paranormal, amazon-vine
Read in August, 2009

Well-written, evenly paced, with a likable and realistic protagonist in the title character, Meridian came alive in my mind quite easily. The writing is engaging, the dialogue well-done, and overall, the author did a great job creating the concept of angels who usher the dead into heaven, nirvana, enlightenment, or whatever you want to call it. Meridian does falter with the character of a typical cookie-cutter villain and at the end where there's a bit of confusion in what's happening, but it's understandable, yet slightly vague.

Amber Kizer has some interesting ideas about death and how it works. However, I do believe that the book is more suited to those who are open-minded, no matter their religion or beliefs. Meridian does well as a stand-alone, but if this does turn into a series, it will be interesting to see where Ms. Kizer takes us next. I'd recommend this for an easy, interesting and fairly fast read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meridian.