Jonathan's Reviews > Breakfast at Tiffany's

M 50x66
Sep 24, 07

bookshelves: 11thgradebooksread
Read in September, 2007

Breakfast at Tiffany's was a book my father borrowed for me. I wanted to read something that was good and somewhat of a classic. Breakfast at Tiffany's fits this. The book is written in a very simple manner. There is few hard words to comprehend and the style flows nicely. Truman Capote is a good writer and has written books that I have read, including In Cold Blood. I find that the story plot is surprisely simple too.
It is about a young man who is unable to get a grasp on life. He is a writer but struggles in what he wants to have done. He finds a young girl, just 19, who strikes him as beautiful. He does not like her actions and values as a human being because they are of an arrogant thing. She wants to live a life made for a princess and does so without noticing him. She has been with famous people and rich ones as well. The book goes on, but at the end, he finds what love really means.
The character that this young girl brings forth is very important. It defines what a perfect girl would be like and has been burned in the history of writing. Sometimes identity is more important than anything else.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breakfast at Tiffany's.