Kenzie Keppner's Reviews > Ender's Game

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Jul 23, 14

bookshelves: eng-356, strong-male-character
Read from April 25 to May 04, 2012

My mind has been blown. I can see why Sister Soper said its easy to hate this book but have a burning desire to read it. I hated the book, but loved it at the same time. The ideas are just genius and the book is well written. I decided that this book deserved 5 stars. The way that these children are treated is unbelievable, like they are disposable. This book has the view "sacrifice at any cost." The ending was amazing and I wasn't expecting it in the least, and I found myself trying to figure out what just happened. Orson Scott Card has a twisted but brilliant mind.

Violence: 4- There are some scenes when Ender takes out a few kids and they are a bit graphic. He also has some very vivid ideas about bodily functions being spilled everywhere. It is a bit gruesome at times.

Sex: 1- I don't believe there is any sex in the book.

Drugs/Alcohol: 1- No drugs either

Language: 2- Ok, there was a bit of minor swearing and a whole lot of different ways to use the word "fart" in name calling. For example, Fart sniffer, Fart eater, Fart lover, etc. You get the idea, but these are also ten year old boys so what can you expect?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ender's Game.

message 1: by Jana (new)

Jana Merrill I'm so glad you gave this five stars! I would have been worried if you gave anything less... Hahaha