Ashley mcd's Reviews > The G-Free Diet: A Gluten-Free Survival Guide

The G-Free Diet by Elisabeth Hasselbeck

F 50x66
Aug 13, 09

Read in June, 2009

I would actually give this a 3.5 if that was available.
The book was pretty decent. I won this book in contest and was glad to add it to my GF shelf.

The only thing that bothered me was that she talks about "cheating" so much. Cheating on the GF diet? Are you kidding- I thought as I was reading this-- even a small amount of gluten affects my whole body for weeks- and I worry when I rarely do get glutened about the future effects it will have on my health (colon cancer, reproductive issues etc...) so I thought the cheating part was plain out crazy and wouldn't nessesarily recommend this to a new celiac or gluten intolerant person because they are more than likely having a hard enough time with the diet as it is.

Why read a book where a semi-celebrity is telling them it is ok to cheat. No it is not ok to cheat your self of good health-ever.

So I didn't like that part of the book, but there were other parts that were ok, I would just take this book with a big grain of salt and recommend reading many other Gluten Free or Celiac Disease guides as well and not letting this be a single resource.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The G-Free Diet.