Rita Webb's Reviews > City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Aug 18, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, ya, urban-fantasy
Read from August 04 to 12, 2010

When Clary and her mother are attacked by demons, Clary wakes up to find her mother missing. A boy she barely knows comes to her rescue and takes her to "The Institute" where she can be treated for demon poison. Thus Clary falls into the adventure of a lifetime, running around with nephilim, meeting demons and wizards and fairies, riding demon motorcycles that fly through the sky, and fighting vampires and werewolves. Worst of all, she's discovering that her mother isn't what she pretends to be and that Clary herself is not a normal teenager.

There was so much I loved about this book and so much that annoyed me at the same time. It was the whole love triangle thing that got to me. Clary is at the center of THREE triangles (First: Clary, Simon, and Jace. Then Second: Clary, Jace, and Alex where Alex is the gay guy in love with Jace and hates her for coming between them. Then Third: Clary, Simon, and Alex's sister whose name I can't remember.) That seems a little overboard to me. If it wasn't the third or fourth book I read in a row with a love triangle where the main character ends up with the guy I don't like, it might not have bothered me so much.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.

08/11/2010 page 250
52.0% "Hooked me from the beginning."