LiteraryLover's Reviews > Rosemary and Rue

Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire

May 03, 14

bookshelves: fairies, magic, paranormal, urban-fantasy, fantasy, favorites
Read from July 06 to 09, 2010

In Rosemary and Rue, October (Toby) Daye is a changeling who's in hiding. Some bad faerie's caught her while doing some detective work and changed her into a fish while at the Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco. She wasn't able to change back for fourteen years, leaving her a little out of the loop in the worlds of both humans and Faerie. She's been avoiding everyone as much as possible since she became human again and intends to keep it that way. However, her wishes don't last forever as she is pulled into the mysterious death of a faerie and Toby has no choice but to solve the murder.

I had a few issues with some of what Toby did that I didn't like or seemed a little odd to me. But nothing so much that I felt it detracted too much from the book as a whole. I liked the characters a lot, Toby and Tybalt especially. And the world was built nicely without a lot of long explanations and descriptions. It started a little slow for me but picked up soon enough. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rosemary and Rue.