NorthernLightsGirl's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

Aug 18, 09

bookshelves: 2009, bloggers-unite-book-club
Recommended to NorthernLightsGirl by: Bloggers Unite Book Club
Read in August, 2009, read count: 1

For me this is a book that I never would have picked up on my own. I read it for the Blogger's Unite book club.

This is not the sort of book I am used to reading. The journal style left me confused more than once. And the time traveling back and forth had me more than once looking back to try to keep track of the story. But by the middle of the story I got used to it.

I liked that the author let us see the characters with all their rough edges. Some of the characters I wished she had done more with(Ben and Richard)and some I could have done with a little less.(Gomez and Ingrid)

About 3/4ths of the way into the book Clare was on my nerves. By the end of the book I had found some compassion for her. I liked Henry from the start. I did not like some of the situations that the author put him in. But I guess changing those situations would have taken away from the story.

This is the only book that has ever made me cry at the end. I will probably never read it again. One go around is it for me.

08/18/2009 page 536

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) You're a brave woman. Isn't this a very sad book? More power to you.

NorthernLightsGirl This is a very sad book. This is the only book to ever make me cry at the end. This is also a book I would have never read on my own. I read it for a book club. But in the end I am glad I did.

If you read this take your time with it. That's the only way I made it through. at times I became confused about who was talking to who. Also this is a book that should come with a box of tissue.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Bless your heart, NLG. I think I'll pass though. I'm not brave enough.

NorthernLightsGirl I wholeheartedly understand. If you change your mind let me know. I will send you my copy with a box of tissue. :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I appreciate the offer. I don't really like sad books that much though. I'm a wimp. :)

NorthernLightsGirl You are not a wimp... unlike me you know when to stop yourself. :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Well look at the other books I have to read. I have to have some priorities. LOL. :)

NorthernLightsGirl I see so clearly now where I went wrong!!!! LOL :)

message 9: by Angelc (new)

Angelc Great review, NorthernLightsGirl!! Wow, I don't know if I can handle this one, sounds soooo sad!

NorthernLightsGirl Hi Angelc,

Thank You. Even though it is sad it was still a good book. :)

Bobbie  Crawford Love your review, Joni! :) Thanks for posting it up.

NorthernLightsGirl Thank You that means a lot me.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Great review NLG. Hugs to you for having the sad ending to deal with.

message 14: by NorthernLightsGirl (last edited Aug 20, 2009 01:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

NorthernLightsGirl Thanks Danielle!!! That means a lot to me that you liked it. =)