Jenre's Reviews > Striking Sparks

Striking Sparks by Jordan Castillo Price

Aug 13, 09

bookshelves: m-m, contemporary, paranormal, erotica

After I finished Camp Hell I was thirsty for more of that world, so I got this 'novelette' from JCP Books. The story is about Andrew who comes for a palm reading. He gets there too late and the shop is shut. Outside the shop he meets a tattooed, pierced man who offers him a coffee. Of course the man is Crash, who takes Andrew up to 'Sticks and Stones' and proceeds to seduce him. It was an interesting look at Crash and how he uses his ability as an empathetic to get what he wants. There was also an element of sadness running through the story. Crash senses that Andrew wants to be forced and dominated, yet you get the feeling that Crash is after something with a bit more tenderness. Also Andrew is essentially straight and about to get married which might be offputting for some people. There's no real resolution in the story which left me wanting more - not necessarily a bad thing. I hope that JCP writes another story with these characters, just so I know how it ends, for good or bad. For now this gets a grade of 'Excellent'.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Striking Sparks.