Linda's Reviews > Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear

F_50x66
Sep 08, 09

Read in September, 2009

“Fearless” by Max Lucado

This is my first introduction to Max Lucado’s adult books. I’ve heard marvelous things about his writings, but have never gotten around to reading any. This is one fabulous book! I’ve read some of his kids’ books and they are dynamite.

Fearless is an all-inclusive book on the definition of fear and all it entails in the arenas of your life. Fear is a belligerent bully that won’t share your heart with happiness in any area of your life, be it financial, being overwhelmed with life, calamities, violence, death, does God care about me, health, children, etc. Everyone deals with it at one time or another within their life, Christian and con-Christian alike. It’s toxic if not dealt with. What counts, however, is how you handle it. Thus, the writing of Max Lucado’s book.

Max uses real life people’s experiences and lots of humor to show you how to command this bully to leave your life. You have a role in controlling fear by making choices. I learned some time ago that we all have ‘choosers.’ In this arena, you will have to make choices. Max gives many examples and methods on how to help you do this. He has solid directive of overcoming fears. They are not a 1, 2, 3 magic formula, but real life methods to control this beast.

He points you to the One True Source for help, the Commander of every storm in your life. He also shows you how the body of Christ is important in this role as well. And wait till you see how a funeral is likened to a wedding! Blows your mind! Or how a baby is equipped for life on earth, and in turn, earth’s experiences equip you for life in heaven!

Fearless will have you absorbed, teaching you new ways of living. Application of what you read is necessary to set you free. I highly recommend this book to anyone who struggles with life. Hmmm, I think that would be everyone! You’ll be glad you did. I can’t stress enough, though, that you must apply what you read. Not hearers only, but doers.

There were only a couple of things I didn’t like. One was the use of paraphrased Scripture references. I prefer those that are word-for-word. The other is that I don’t agree with a couple interpretations. With that said, enjoy!

I am a blogger for Thomas Nelson

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless.

08/12/2009 page 103