Jennifer's Reviews > I Hate People!: Kick Loose from the Overbearing and Underhanded Jerks at Work and Get What You Want Out of Your Job

I Hate People! by Jonathan Littman

Nov 07, 09

bookshelves: first-reads-giveaway-wins, read-non-fiction-management
Read in November, 2009

This was a goodreads giveaway win book!!

It took me forever to read. Not because it was a poor book, but because I was reading it in bits and pieces during my lunch 1/2 hour whenever I had the chance (which may be an indication that I need more Island Hopping in my life, according to the book! =) ).

So, finally, here is my review:

Overall, like most business how-to books, this one was good but not revelatory. I think anyone in the working world knows that they hate people - and for the very specific reasons listed in the book. I think they also know that the solution is common sense.

The authors also discussed learning to soar on your own - creating your own space, pursuing your own hobbies, and allowing those hobbies to influence what you do in your work. I found this part a good reminder to encourage my staff to take what they are good at, what they are passionate about and find a way to bring it in to the workplace.

In short, a fun book about the reality of the work place with some practical ideas tossed in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Hate People!.