Delene H. Allen's Reviews > The Noticer: Sometimes, All a Person Needs Is a Little Perspective.

The Noticer by Andy Andrews

Aug 21, 09

Read in August, 2009

I really enjoyed this little 156-page book. Judging from the title, I first thought the book would be about "people-watchers" -- you know, those folks who like to sit in the mall and study people as they walk by. After the first page or so, I realized that the central character, "Jones" -- "not Mr. Jones, just Jones" -- is The Noticer. Jones has a knack for being at the right place at the right time and say the right things to those who need help the most. Jones would notice things, point out his wise observations to offer others a different perspective. For instance, Jones was sharing lunch with a friend. He asked the guy to describe his meal and the guy said he was sitting in the sand at the beach eating canned sausages and sardines. Jones, on the other hand, had "surf and turf with an ocean view" -- it's all about perspective. That's all I will say about the storyline so as not to spoil it for everyone. This book has discussion questions at the end, and the author must have known that this would be a book for discussion groups.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Noticer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Moore This sounds like an interesting book that I'd like to read. Maybe East Texas Library Friends would like it for group discussion.

Terry It is a beautiful book. There some I tend not to finish as I want the book to last longer. so daily I read a page or two. I just don't want to come to end (of the book).