Natasha's Reviews > Betrayed

Betrayed by P.C. Cast

Jan 30, 10

Read in September, 2009

Wow...
Great second edition to the House of Night series..I liked the first book but this book was even better in my opinion. Mostly because your already settled with the characters and new locations so you get into it more.Events in Betrayed continue from about month after the events in Marked (the first book in this series) finished.The book is narrated in first person by sixteen-year old Zoey a fledgling vampyre who has been gifted with unusual powers by the vampyre goddess Nyx. Betrayed sees a more confident Zoey. There is still plenty of confusion in store for Zoey though, as she deals with her feelings for her human ex-boyfriend who she has accidentally Imprinted, while she has her new vampyre fledgling bf Erik who is more of a mate for her. He suits her better. I really love ths characters and their relationships with each other. Zoey's group of friends are amazing and are friends to hope for. Her new bf Erik and her are more introduced and some conflict happens that make her think..Theres a vampyre teacher at the House of night that is flirting with Zoey and making her weak at the knees.
There is great dialogue and an amazing plot that even at one point I couldn't stop crying.. it was so sad, but also written so wonderful, I felt like was there with the characters. I'm officially a fan of this series and will countdown the days for each new edition!

Synopsis:
Summary (from the book jacket)
Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night finishing school. She finally feels like she belongs, even gets chosen as the Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, she actually has a boyfriend… or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night.

While danger stalks the humans from Zoey’s old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betrayed.

Quotes Natasha Liked

P.C. Cast
“Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good.”
P.C. Cast, Betrayed

P.C. Cast
“The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express.”
P.C. Cast, Betrayed