Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)'s Reviews > The Body Snatcher

The Body Snatcher by Robert Louis Stevenson

Sep 09, 10

bookshelves: classic-horror, owned-copy, short-story, criminal, retribution-or-karma
Recommended for: Classic Horror Fans
read count: 1

I read this story out of a Classic Ghost Stories collection. This is one of those horror stories that is supposedly a supernatural tale, but really it's psychological, dealing with the depths that humans will sink to out of greed and desperation. It's pretty bleak and ugly, but it had a good message and a few good scares. RLS is an author I want to read more of. He has the writing style I enjoy!
6 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Snatcher.

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane on TCM the old B&W movie will be showing- I may watch it...

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Sometimes the classics are the best!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I haven't seen the movie. When is it coming on, Rane?

message 4: by Karla (new)

Karla I LOVE the movie version! Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone are awesome, as always.

Haven't read the book, though.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) I'll have to check out the movie, Karla. It's a pretty quick read. Worthwhile if you like classic or gothic horror.

message 6: by Michaela (new)

Michaela I love RLS's stuff! I just finished Treasure Island and Kidnapped. I think I'm going to read this one while I wait for "Catriona" the sequel to Kidnapped. I ordered it and it isn't here yet. But yeah, I was thinking I'd do this one while I wait :)