Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)'s Reviews > The Body Snatcher

The Body Snatcher by Robert Louis Stevenson

Sep 09, 10

bookshelves: classic-horror, owned-copy, short-story, criminal, retribution-or-karma
Recommended for: Classic Horror Fans
read count: 1

I read this story out of a Classic Ghost Stories collection. This is one of those horror stories that is supposedly a supernatural tale, but really it's psychological, dealing with the depths that humans will sink to out of greed and desperation. It's pretty bleak and ugly, but it had a good message and a few good scares. RLS is an author I want to read more of. He has the writing style I enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Snatcher.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rane (new)

Rane on TCM the old B&W movie will be showing- I may watch it...

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Sometimes the classics are the best!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I haven't seen the movie. When is it coming on, Rane?

Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) I LOVE the movie version! Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone are awesome, as always.

Haven't read the book, though.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I'll have to check out the movie, Karla. It's a pretty quick read. Worthwhile if you like classic or gothic horror.

message 6: by Michaela (new)

Michaela I love RLS's stuff! I just finished Treasure Island and Kidnapped. I think I'm going to read this one while I wait for "Catriona" the sequel to Kidnapped. I ordered it and it isn't here yet. But yeah, I was thinking I'd do this one while I wait :)