Alex Matsu's Reviews > Forever Princess

Forever Princess by Meg Cabot

Aug 24, 2009

bookshelves: grade-8-ir-books

This book is about a girl names Mia, living in Manhattan who learned in an earlier book in the series she was a princess of a small country of Genovia. Her 18th birthday is in two weeks, and he ex, Michael is back in town after becoming a millionaire for making a heart surgery machine, while she is falling out of her current boyfriend, J.p.. Another one of her internal conflicts, is that she wrote a romance novel and told no one but her teacher knows, now no one wants to get it published. Her dad recently found out that Genovia was declared a democracy one-hundred years ago, and is now running against her cousin, René for the prime minister role.
I made a text-to-text connection, because Princess Mia is really environmentally conscious, and into the infrastructure of Genovia. I read a book with a matter similar to this, called "Recycle, It Won't Ruin Your Dang Hair." This is a book about a twelve year old girl named Elli living in Illinois, who starts a club at school to keep wildlife safe. I think she and Mia are similar because they both care about the world they live in, despite their young ages. In the book Mia decided that if she did get her book published, the proceeds would go to Green-peace, this is why I think the two girls are similar.
I would give this book four stars, because it had very good writing, and I liked how it was written in the format of a diary in stead of normal chapters. I didn't give it five stars, because the plot was somewhat of a cliche, Disney type thing, they could have written with more surprise. If you liked the Twilight series (not the movie... the movie was really bad), you will probably like this book, because because in both books, most of the characters are normal with an odd twist.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Princess.