KarenH's Reviews > Forbidden Love

Forbidden Love by Karen Robards

Feb 24, 2013

bookshelves: keepers, paperback-5-stars-plus, the-real-keepers-in-paperback, forbidden-love, excellent-love-story, audiobook-5-stars-plus, audiobook, top-5ish-favorites
Read from February 21 to 23, 2013

Nobody does taboo romance like Karen Robards, and on this "re-read" I listened to the audiobook. Excellent story of a 17-yr-old girl/woman who is at first infatuated with and then becomes the lover of her guardian...her 35-yr-old, married guardian.

One of my top five all-time favorite historical romances!
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Love.

message 1: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully 35 year old ward?

KarenH haha come on Scully...you know what I meant. Thanks for pointing it out to me!!

Melanie♥ I love this one. Just did a "re-read" on audio.

message 4: by Bruingal (last edited Feb 25, 2013 04:46PM) (new)

Bruingal Karen, back in the day I read anything tha Karen Robards, Judith Mcnaught and Julie Garwood wrote. Historical romance is my first love and I will always gravitate back there no matter how many contemporary romance novels I read. I split with Karen Robards when she started writing contemporary novels. For the longest time I wouldn't read contemporary novels because they didn't appeal to me. I do read them now because they have become more similar to the historical novels just the time period has changed but the writers no use the same formula for both.

message 5: by Bruingal (new)

Bruingal I think I read this 15 years ago. I read so many that the books tended to run together and I'd have to start reading it again to realize that I'd already read it. This time I'll do the audio.

message 6: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully KarenH wrote: "haha come on Scully...you know what I meant. Thanks for pointing it out to me!!"

I knew ;-)