Paula's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Feb 02, 11

bookshelves: 2011, paranormal, would-rather-kiss-a-dementor
Read from January 23 to February 02, 2011

I rated this book a one star, because I Really. Did. Not. Like. It. Okay so here's why. I have a big issue with the character development, with the storyline, with the main character's attitude.
I actually liked this book when I first started reading it. Okay, so it's not the most intelligent read, but I could deal with that. Then, the story just kind of stopped. And I trudged through many pages of just the stupidest occurences.
In a way this book reminded me of Scott Westerfeld's The Midnighters. Great idea, but poor excecution. I felt like this book was a knockoff of twilight, with no real substance. I totally do not see the love between Damen and Ever.
Also, Ever. She was a big problem. Her character did not develop much or any really. She was nearly unbearably annoying as well. I do not appreciate the lead character being so stubborn. I like characters who are PROACTIVE and learn some kind of meaningful lesson.
Overall, I just didn't like the book. It undermines the expectations of the teenage reading level.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.

01/23/2011 page 55