H.A.'s Reviews > An Echo in the Bone

An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon

Oct 20, 14

bookshelves: needtoget, borrowed, timetravel, romance, romancehistorical, favoriteheroes, favoriteheroines, favoriteseries, dianagabaldon
Recommended for: Fans of Diana Gabaldon, Fans of the American Revolution, Historical Fiction
I own a copy, read count: 4 or 5

Original Review, 1st Reading, 2010

Another great one, but WOW was it long. Too long, really. I think at least 1/3 of the book could be excised without losing the core of the story. It was VERY slow to get going, with too many wandering story threads taking too long to finally come together, but when they DID come together at the end -- Dynamite! OMG talk about cliffhangers! I can't wait four years for the answers, seriously.

However long this series gets, I always feel like I'm spending time at home when I'm with these characters, so it's okay. And considering I live near two of the areas of the main battles, I was interested in the historical stuff that sometimes loses me.

It occurred to me the other day that the first book in this series, Outlander, my favorite book of all time, is maybe HALF the size of this one, with TWICE the story. It's funny how it's changed over time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Echo in the Bone.