Tracy Darity's Reviews > Too Little, Too Late

Dec 23, 09

bookshelves: tracy-s-book-club
Recommended for: Avid Readers
Read in November, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Too Little,Too Late was an enjoyable read, even though I learned after starting the book that it was a sequel to another book titled "A Sin and a Shame." In Too Little, Too Late, character Jasmine Larson Bush and her husband Hosea, are renewing their wedding vows after only three years of marriage. Their union didn't start out too well, considering their toddler daughter really isn't Hosea's. When past loves of Jasmine and Hosea return, emotions run wild, commitments are tested, and when the dust settles, two couples must learn to trust their mates in order to move forward. Sometimes love just isn't enough.

The storyline kept my attention from beginning to end, yet, I was left wondering why Jasmine kept her first marriage a secret from Hosea. After this omission, I had to question how a person can keep their true age from their spouse or why that was even an issue in the book.

All-in-all, Too Little, Too Late was a good book and worthy of a 4-star rating.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Little, Too Late.

11/17/2009 page 60
14.42% "So Far So Good!"
12/01/2009 page 269
64.66% "I am really enjoying this book."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Minnie (last edited Dec 24, 2009 09:32AM) (new)

Minnie This clear paragraph struck me. So true about relationships. But too bad she didn't let that stand to the end. I could appreciate it more as a true "love" story, not a romance, but love story.

"It takes a strong person to forgive and forget. The truth is, although a person forgives, they most likely never forget. Can you forgive your mate for past transgressions and move forward in life, happily ever after? If your mates transgressions were the result of a compulsive disorder, could you trust them enough to save the relationship? These are just a few of the challenges the characters in Too Little, Too Late, must explore."

Perhaps Victoria can use this novel as a spinoff to another dealing with the above issues.

Great review, Tracy.