Nette's Reviews > The Best Of Times

The Best Of Times by Penny Vincenzi

Aug 09, 09

Read in August, 2009

Well, I've already admitted the embarrassing truth that I love her trashy, addictive books, just like I love "America's Next Top Model" and Cheetos, so I'll skip the apologies. I read it in three days, all 4,000 pages, 800 characters, and five million uses of the words "darling," "absolutely filthy," and "indeed." (Did I mention...did I?...her fondness for ellipses?...perhaps not...no matter...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Best Of Times.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by eb (new)

eb Nette, thank God we're goodreads friends. You are the reason I picked up Almost a Crime and hauled it to North Truro. Of the zillion books I've read this week, it was the trashiest and most delicious. Thank you!

Nette Darling, I'm DELIGHTED to hear that you enjoyed it, her books are too delicious. But we shan't tell the others, shall we?

message 3: by eb (new)

eb We certainly shan't! And please, darling, tell no one about my emergency Vincenzi-centric trip to the library yesterday. It's too too shaming!

Nette Darling, my lips are sealed, provided you don't tell a soul about the bookshelf in the corner of my guest room that's absolutely crammed with fat Vincenzi paperbacks, all bought cheap on Ebay. I live in dread that someday a suitor shall wander into that room, carrying a gin fizz, his cravat jauntily askew, and spot my shelf of shame. I would be shunned from decent society! So, let this be our little secret, sworn in blood over a copy of "Wicked Pleasures."