Maggie Campbell's Reviews > I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti

I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giulia Melucci

F_50x66
Aug 09, 09

Read in January, 2009

"He seemed truly smitten with me, and that kind of thing just didn't happen."

"I didn't care; I couldn't get over the fact that men were interested in my body back then. I had had enough of their interest in my mind, which left me unsatisfied 100 percent of the time."

"There is logic and order to cooking. What you put into it has everything to do with what you get out of it. With love, it's not so cut-and-dried."

"I knew this was the end. I checked out my face in the mirror before I left my apartment, wondering how I was suppossed to look for such an occasion. Does your make-up have to be perfect when you're about to be dumped?"

"...I said good-bye to Mitch for the last time (well, pretty much the last time- I don't count random sexual encounters years apart and neither should anyone else)..."

"Certainly no one cared one way or the other, but we can't help believing that people are way more focused on our lives than they actually are."

"Immediately I senses it- something felt right about this place; it wasn't perfect, but it had everything I wanted. I'd heard this was how you're supposed to feel about the man you marry, but lacking that, I'd take the apartment."

"I couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't implicate me as unlovable. I wasn't eager to bring past dissapointments into a new relationship that seemed full of possibility."

"Who would you love? What were the people you loved like?"

"'Did you ever love me?'
'I was excited about you.'"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti.