Bettie☯'s Reviews > The Killings at Badger's Drift

The Killings at Badger's Drift by Caroline Graham

Mar 06, 14

bookshelves: to-read
Read in August, 2009

There was a real murder this weekend at the Buckinghamshire village of Midsomer, where these Caroline Graham books are brought into TV series life.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Killings at Badger's Drift.

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Glad to see another MM fan, or so I'm guessing. Shame it's coming to an end :(

message 5: by Bettie☯ (new) - added it

Bettie☯ I have seen ah! but too few of these - they are popular afternoon viewing in Sweden and I think they are well behind the UK. I plan to read all the books at some stage.

:O)

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 09, 2009 07:41AM) (new)

Yeah, I've heard they're pretty popular outside the UK. I like them because they don't take themselves too seriously, I think it's meant to be dark humour.

Do you watch the David Suchet Poirot films? They're by ITV too.

message 3: by John (new)

John I stumbled across this series earlier in the year getting out an episode from the library (I had liked Nettles in "Bergerac" years ago). I am hooked and have been going through from the beginning - by the end of the month I'll be to the point where Sgt. Troy is replaced by Scott.
Nettles' dry humor is incredibly funny!

message 2: by Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (last edited Dec 27, 2012 01:56PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads Oh, is this series the basis of the Midsommer Murders movies? I didn't know that.

Am enjoying the book.