Jill's Reviews > Emma Jean Lazarus Fell in Love

Emma Jean Lazarus Fell in Love by Lauren Tarshis

Aug 13, 09

Recommended for: fans of the first Emma Jean book!
Read in August, 2009, read count: 1

I enjoy the Emma Jean books. They are funny, light-hearted, and I feel like the author ALMOST takes a satirical look at being in middle school, which makes me laugh - and I don't think a middle school kid would catch on. This was a quick read and I did have a nice time reading it. I had one issue with it though - without ruining anything... over the course of the book, Colleen becomes more self-confident and she does her own thing. Instead of attributing it to, you know, growing a pair and what have you, it is ENTIRELY attributed to a boy who likes her. As in, she starts to feel good about herself and speak her mind because she knows someone has a crush on her. That nauseates me. I expected more from Lauren Tarshis - what a bad message to send to the 7th-grade crowd.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emma Jean Lazarus Fell in Love.

08/12/2009 page 132
75.0% "I just started this afternoon and I'm almost finished! This is a happy, light novel and Emma Jean is up to her usual hijinks." 1 comment