Carol's Reviews > The Regulators

The Regulators by Stephen King

Oct 08, 07

Read in October, 2007

My first S. King book. For a while there, I was a bit bored, but all in all, esp given the ending (which I thought was quite heartwarming for a 'horror' novel), I'm giving it three stars. Don't think I'll read anymore of his work, as I realize that I like to watch horror a heck of a lot more than reading it.

Maybe, too, I'm a bit snooty because recently I read "Dracula" and wow, now THAT was amazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Regulators.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Probably want to try The Stand before you wash your hands of King for keeps. It's sort of unbelievably good.
(At least it was when I was 9.)

Carol Thanks J - I think I will try "The Stand" - haven't seen the movie yet which is good.

message 3: by Fenixbird (new) - added it

Fenixbird SandS I was eager to read your review of this Stephen King book which I have NOT yet read! Would you recommend it??? Why? Why not?

Carol Hello! Yes, I would recommend it - why? well it's well crafted and I liked some of the characters; and if you're already a King fan, I'm sure you would enjoy this!

message 5: by Janene (new) - added it

Janene Please don't give up on SK yet!! Most of his earlier works are outstanding. My first was 'The Shining'...waaaaay back when I was in 8th grade.
Jonathan is right, 'The Stand' is unbelievably good. I've loved all of this books, up until 'Gerald's Game'. I stopped half way through that one & am now in the process of starting up again.

Patrick Agaloos Try Salem's Lot by Stephen King, it's scary. They call it a Dracula of recent times

Carol THanks everyone! And Patrick, I will read that!

Kronz Definitely read some other King stories. This may well be his weirdest book. I wouldn't even call it horror. More like abstract science fiction or something.

Carol Thanks Kronz - I will look for other stories of his, especially given that he's probably a good one to read in the autumn/winter!

message 10: by Janene (new) - added it

Janene I liked Pet Sematary too.

Justin Why on earth was this the first 'King' novel that you picked up? Just sayin, one doesn't become the most successful author of all time by firing off 50 duds. Salem's Lot is a great suggestion given that you enjoyed Dracula. Cheers