Melissa Vega's Reviews > PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives

PostSecret by Frank Warren

Aug 18, 09

It's hard for me, when I read this book (or rather, looked at it) to believe that this was a project with a title and an author. Postsecret is a website dedicated to letting people in the world air their grievances without having the messy situation known as consequence, affect them; that was turned into a book. Flipping through the pages at first, I was more fascinated by the creative cards people had taken the time out to decorate than i was the secrets themselves. Until I started reading. Not only were there hilarious, common and normal confessions (I eat my own boogers was one of my personal favorites), but there were also tidbits of peoples lives that were not only capable of making the reader feel guilty, but could also summon nightmares about your own skeletons. I couldn't even bring myself to turn the page after some of the more shocking confessions (which you'll have to read to find out!) and it left me not only feeling like people feel the same things I do, but that everyone has flaws. I felt more connected to our species in a voyeuristic sort of way. This piece is really more art than anything else; but much more than that, it's a conceptual piece about life. Don't mistake this book for a coffee table flip-through, it may just help you want to post some secrets of your own.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read PostSecret.