Laura's Reviews > The Art of Destruction

The Art of Destruction by Stephen Cole

Aug 07, 09

bookshelves: tv-spin-off
Recommended to Laura by: No-one.
Recommended for: very, very hardcore Doctor Who fans.
Read in June, 2009, read count: 1

In the not too distant future the world is desperately running out of basic resources such as food and water. However advances in technology allows previously barren land in Africa to be cultivated to grow more food. In one of these places a strange alien signal is been given off and of course the Doctor just has to go investigate.

This novel had a great idea. A amazing idea actually. It also touched upon issues that are becoming more and more relevant to society today i.e. overpopulation.

The book was seriously let down by a very muddled plot, confusing characters and taking a great idea and making it very hard to understand. The descritptions were also hit and miss. Some were overly descriptive while some barely gave us an idication of what the audience was suppose to be imagining.

Even as a fan I found it hard to like this story.

As a extra this book is suppose to be aimed at all the family and especially children but the clunky plot and confusing characters would, in my opion, would make it very hard for children to understand and follow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of Destruction.