Amy (amyb2332)'s Reviews > The Thirteenth Tale

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Sep 28, 07

bookshelves: mystery-thriller
Read in September, 2007

I really liked this book. I loved how the narrator was a big book fan! I thought the mystery part was really great and I liked the format it was written in. I wish I would have finished in time for Nestie discussion because I think it would have been a great one to discuss! My only complaint was in the middle of the book it started to move a little slow for me. It did pick up again but for a while I thought it drug a little. Oh and also I loved how the chapters had actually titles - I love when authors do that!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Thirteenth Tale.

Quotes Amy (amyb2332) Liked

Diane Setterfield
“I have always been a reader; I have read at every stage of my life, and there has never been a time when reading was not my greatest joy. And yet I cannot pretend that the reading I have done in my adult years matches in its impact on my soul the reading I did as a child. I still believe in stories. I still forget myself when I am in the middle of a good book. Yet it is not the same. Books are, for me, it must be said, the most important thing; what I cannot forget is that there was a time when they were at once more banal and more essential than that. When I was a child, books were everything. And so there is in me, always, a nostalgic yearning for the lost pleasure of books. It is not a yearning that one ever expects to be fulfilled.”
Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale