Nely's Reviews > Blue Moon

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel

Aug 25, 09

bookshelves: own, autographed
Read in August, 2009

Blue Moon is the second installment to The Immortals series. In it we are once again brought into the world of Ever and Damen and about two weeks after Evermore’s conclusion. Ever is now learning to deal with her newfound powers, with special training services from Damen (ahem). They are also planning on spending more intimate time together (finally after 400+ years).

In come new student, Roman, who arrives at their school and quickly becomes the popular kid. But Ever doesn’t fall for his charms, she knows something is not kosher with him, but she just can’t pinpoint what it is. With all her psychic powers she still cannot get a read on him and that alone makes her suspicious of him. As her powers grow stronger, she notices that Damen is slowly getting weaker to the point where he is looking sickly. Then there’s the issues at school - all her classmates are acting strange and that does include Damen... what is going on? It is now up to Ever to save Damen and set everything to rights.

Sadly I didn’t enjoy this one as much as I did Evermore... I really like the storyline of Ever and Damen and well, you just don’t get that in this book. There was so much going on in this book - Summerland, the twins, Ava and the whole Roman thing. It was just too much for me to actually enjoy wholeheartedly the way I did Evermore. It felt like a roller coaster ride - Ever was whiny, naive, and has the worst intuition about people (you’d think she wouldn’t with all her psychic powers and all, gosh!) I just couldn’t connect with her on this one. But all in all, I will confess that even with its faults, this book was still a page turner. I read it in just one sitting and will be looking out for the next installment Shadowland (November 2009).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Moon.