Denise's Reviews > Asking for Trouble

Asking for Trouble by Elizabeth Young

Sep 23, 2007

bookshelves: read-to-death-favorites
Read in January, 2005

My dear friend Heather lent me this book and told me that I had to read it. The novel Asking for Trouble is what the movie The Wedding Date was based on. The movie was completely disappointing because the book is hundreds of miles better. The book is filled with innocent misunderstandings and such depth of emotional plot between the characters that it is hard not to get wrapped up with them. I had to go out and buy it before I returned my friend's copy and have since re-read it countless times.

Set in England the main character, Sophy, creates a fictional boyfriend to make her mother worry less about her while her sister gets engaged. When the wedding comes around Sophy has yet to dump said boyfriend and must now produce him for various family gatherings. What began as a simple lie turns into a huge masquerade when Sophy decides to hire an escort to play the part. Lies pile up and Sophy becomes even more entangles as she discovers that she is attracted to Josh, the man she hired. Hilarity ensues and in the tradition of good chick-lit everything turns out gloriously.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a pick-me-up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Asking for Trouble.

03/07/2016 marked as: read