Alia's Reviews > Love You Forever

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Sep 23, 07

bookshelves: childrens, gag

Jane Yolen has a quote that sums up my feelings about this book perfectly:

"You may adore Love You Forever, but I hear it as a story about an overbearing and smothering mother who infantilizes her son and can only tell him she loves him when he is fast asleep. I also contend that she drugs his cocoa. And that when the man's baby daughter wakes up sixteen years later and finds him fondling her in her room, she will be calling 911 and going into therapy."
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love You Forever.

Brianna I'm sorry but I think you are a little sick! It's a children's book...just remember that. This world has forgoten all about love and just focuses on the bad things and twists good things into bad and vice versa. No wonder this world sucks because people have created so much hate!

Rebecca Watson Amen, sister friend.

Yvette Brianna,
I agree 100%! That was a sick review! Jane Yolen must of had a sad childhood...yuck! Like a dad is not caple of rocking his daughter without it being sexual! That is SICK!

message 4: by alex (new)

alex This book skeeved me out, too. It's a nice concept - that parents always love their kids - but instead of funny and sweet it comes off weird and creepy.

Yvette Lexi,
I see and understand your point, but I think that the comment posted by Alia took that notion a bit far. To say the dad would fondle his daughter - yuck - that is just distasteful and sick!