AdultNonFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

The 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferriss

TCL Call#: 613.7 Ferriss T

Madeleine - 5 stars
Have you ever wished the FDA would just get out of the way and let the science move faster - test subject be damned? Me too! Ferriss accomplishes this by becoming his own test subject and paying for it all himself - really the only way to accomplish this. He talks to all the leading scientists that are currently working under FDA regulations to find out what they think really works but are not approved to officially release as verified. He does it on himself first, once it's verified his fan base tests it, then it ends up in the book.
Cutting edge without the wait. Just the way I prefer it.
I'm not too sure about the "4 hour" bit. I recognize that he's basically saying that the work itself will take 4 hours/wk - like you will end up working out 4 hours total per month - but the reading of the book will NOT take you a mere 4 hours. It's PACKED. He recommends that you cherry pick and read the sections most pertinent to you but I found that even doing that took me some time. Ferriss's writing style is most entertaining but not the clearest. I read the diet chapter 4 times and still don't have it all. Cinnamon, magnesium, calcium, B vitamins . . . how much protein for breakfast? Plus there's some arguing thoughts going on. He says not to eat dairy but then talks about his mom liking cottage cheese for breakfast. It gets clearer if you take the time to look online at all the 4HB forums out there.
He also has a great into video on You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK2m-k...).
If you are a Hulu Plus subscriber, Ferriss is featured in one of the Day in the Life documentaries by Super Size Me's Morgan Spurlock that's worth searching for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 4-Hour Body.

07/10/2013 marked as: read