Paul Kapellas's Reviews > Clown Girl

Clown Girl by Monica Drake

Aug 05, 09

did not like it

** spoiler alert ** "Booooo" goes the crowd.

I was tricked. Chuck Palahniuk wrote an introduction so I dove in head first to what he assured me was going to be a "...more than a great book..."

The best word that describes Clown Girl is; Predictable.

It has it's real sense to it, slumming and struggling which I dig but things were so bad and were getting so much worse that you could see the light at the end of the tunnel. As soon as Drake introduces the cop you know he's gonna' save the day, you hear so much about the ex-boyfriend you know he's eventually going to come back and....AHHHH guess what???? He doesn't like her?!?!?!?! Whata' shock! He only left her in the first place!

I remember telling someone after I read this book that the only way I was going to like it (and I had decided this on about page 100) was if the main character commits suicide. But instead she runs of with her knight in shining armor, I think I just puked again a little in my mouth recalling the memory of this book. But Hey! At least hollywood can make it into a movie now because of it's sappy ass ending and now Monica can be like her ol' pal/rival (whatever they consider eachother) Chuck.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clown Girl.