Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Puma

Puma by Jorrie Spencer

Aug 05, 09

bookshelves: 2009-reads
Read in August, 2009

I get frustrated when I finish a book and feel like I 'missed' something. "Puma" by Jorrie Spencer began to give me that feeling halfway through the book and again at the end. I liked the imaginative plot and mostly enjoyed the characters and writing. But, for me, there was something incomplete about the whole story.

Callie is also Puma, at least that's what her other self insists on being called. Her Puma self wants to protect and when Callie receives a cryptic message from her 'sister' she stumbles into a siutation where nothing is as it seems and something is very, very wrong.

Dev can't remember his past. Of course, sometimes he can barely remember yesterday. He knows he is supposed to protect Scott. He knows that Scott saved him. He also knows that Scott has violated a promise that it hurts to try and remember. When Callie seems to resist Scott's 'push', Dev isn't sure whether that's a good thing but he knows it means she's in danger.

Callie was hard to relate to. Maybe it was her Puma self and the way she seemed to be at war with her own self. Dev was interesting in that he was the weaker character which isn't something often seen in this genre of books. Their attraction wasn't based on lifemates, matebonds, or any other woo woo which was a nice switch from the norm. But I just couldn't get over the feeling of missing something, either an earlier book, or the story will continue in a later book, or something! Since I enjoy Jorrie Spencer's 'Strength' series, I'll see if there really is another books I'm missing. If not, I'll just mark this one down as a weird story left unfinished for me.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Puma.