flajol's Reviews > Dead After Dark

Dead After Dark by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Aug 11, 09

bookshelves: paranormal, romance, vampires, weres
Read in August, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Shadow of the Moon seems rushed. The heroine's change of heart was sudden and unbelievable: she goes from a lifelong hatred of the Katagaria to believing that they are the good guys after all. All she had to do was sit down and eat a meal with them. She was really annoying too! I was hoping the hero would snap and just put her out of our misery. Not Kenyon's best offering.

The Story of Son is the best tale in the book, and drags it up from two stars to three. Decent heroine, decent hero - and you don't need to have read any of Ward's other books to follow the action.

Beyond the Night was so-so. It hasn't inspired me to read any more of Squires' books although I wouldn't say no if one crossed my path.

Midnight Kiss Goodbye. You know when something is so bad it's good? This is way beyond that. It's so bad it's truly awful. I managed 16 pages before I gave up. I'm not normally picky about how well written my escapism is. However, I do require that it makes sense without me having to constantly re-read to puzzle out the meaning in convoluted run-on sentences. Dianna Love's books are going straight to my DNR pile.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead After Dark.