Adam Sprague's Reviews > Enigma

Enigma by Robert Harris

2063636
Aug 26, 09

Read in August, 2009

When I began this book and after the first chapters I thought for sure I was reading a smaller version of Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon. That sure did change in a hurry.

One of the things I enjoyed the most was the layering of storylines. One part is the coverage of WWII crypto and the other the disappearing of Claire. Unfortunatley (at least for me) the book was about 80% about the missing girl. The longer the book went on the less and less the book became about crpyto and the more it became a murder mystery.

Still - the book flowed well and progressed nicely minus a few drawn out parts. I found the book quite enjoyable though there were no jaw dropping moments. A good read for mystery fans...kind of a poor man's cryptonomicon. I really like how the book ended which really sums up the whole feeling of the book, the constant work and struggle they put in when really they knew so little...good stuff.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enigma.

Quotes Adam Liked

Robert Harris
“By dawn he had surrendered, gratefully, to the old inertia, the product of always seeing both sides of every question.”
Robert Harris, Enigma