Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)'s Reviews > Last Sacrifice

Dec 12, 10

bookshelves: i-own, favorites
Read in January, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Read on 7th Dec 2010

OMG!!! Ahhhhhh! I can’t believe it! That was....it’s so...., I don’t think.....I just can’t..... *sigh*.
Let me start again....THAT. WAS. INCRDIBLE!
First I have to say....YAY!!! Oh, yes, yes, yes.....Rose and Dimitri got their happily ever after. They ARE TOGTHER!!! It’s one of the best outcomes I’ve ever seen in a book series...ever!
Now that that’s out of the way.....

Gah, I don’t know if I have the words to describe how brilliant this book was! This entire series has been nothing but a heart-wrenching, roller coaster ride of emotions and events from the very beginning, and it all came to a gripping conclusion that was more or less....utterly perfect!
This is my all time fave series. I’ve never loved a book series as much as I love VA and going into this book I knew it was going to be spectacular. It seems like I, and all the other fans, have waited forever after the nail biting ending of Spirit Bound and I’m soooo happy to say that I wasn’t disappointed.
From the very beginning the story drew me in. I was gobsmacked with a few of the twists and left gaping throughout the whole book. I literally couldn’t put it down and from start to finish it was practically super glued to my fingers. I read it in one sitting! It was an electricity charged ride and I was desperate to know how Rose was going to get herself out of her current predicament the entire way!
From the very moment Dimitri, Adrian and Eddie broke Rose outta jail, a plan orcastrated by Lissa, Christian and Abe, I might add, I was gone.....Nothing and no one could have stopped me reading. Honestly, my house could have been on fire and I wouldn’t have noticed....nor would I have moved until I’d finished reading. Actually, come to think of it.....do I smell smoke? *sniff* *sniff*......

All the characters I’ve come to love and adore were here in all their glory. Rose, Dimitri, Lissa, Christian, Adrian, Sydney, Eddie, Abe, Rose’s mum, Jill..... I could go on and on.....they were all there and it was great to see them again.
Rose and Dimitri sitting in a tree...K-I-S-S-...oh, whatever....THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER!!! Yay!*does happy dance* I’m so happy right now I can’t even put it into words. After everything they’ve been through, after all the torment and challenges, they’ve finally gotten to the point when they see that they’re soul mates, that they’re meant for each other...something we’ve all known for quite a while. I love Adrian, I do and it breaks my heart that his and Rose’s relationship had to end the way it did (Rose...seriously, I’d shake you for cheating if I wasn’t so happy you and Dimka are back together), but I just can’t deny that I feel like this is the right outcome. Totally. Completely. Rose tried to give her relationship with Adrian a shot, but it just wasn’t right. I’m glad Dimitri finally came to his senses in this book and admitted that he still loved Rose (like that was a secret *rolls eyes*) and that they are going to be together for real.
I really feel sorry for Adrian though. I’m really disappointed that Rose cheated on him; I do feel like she should be better than that. But I understand that people make mistakes and we can’t help how our hearts feel. I just feel like Adrian got the raw end of the stick. Dimitri always had Rose’s heart, let’s face it, and I think Adrian deserves to find a girl who will give her whole heart to him and only him. He needs someone to love him that can help him be the best person he can be. And I’m really hoping he finds that in the spin off series, because I don’t feel like his story has been told. It’s not completed.

Jill was Lissa’s sibling. I will say that I did see that one coming. It’s something that I think is both obvious and yet it’s not.....it’s a great little sub twist. She’s been under everyone’s noses the whole time. Lissa had a sibling right there at St Vladimir’s and no one knew about it. Totally cool! The only thing I don’t like was how Lissa reacted to Jill. Yes, I get that it was a shock....one hell of a shock....but I also think she could have been a little more inviting and friendlier to her new found sister. Still.....
Tasha! It was freaking Tasha!! Never once did I think she could be capable of something like murdering the Queen. She always seemed like such a cool person, an ally. I certainly didn’t think that she’d be the killer, even though I did see her motive beforehand. I just thought she was on Rose’s side, not that she was the one that set her up. But I can see why she did it. I guess I always thought her feelings towards Dimitri were never that strong.
I’m thrilled that Lissa became queen. I think it’s a very good progression and evolution of the story. I think that she is the best person to help the Moroi move forward and I hope that takes effect in the spin off series. And Rose is Lissa’a guardian and Dimitri is Christian’s. Is that not perfect or what?!? Rhetorical question, don’t answer that.....of course it is! Now they can be together and still do their jobs and duty.

Lord, this book was wonderful. I just can’t say it enough! I really can’t. I don’t know what people are going to say, but I’m incredibly happy with this book. I feel like everything we’ve been through in the whole series has led to this moment, this ending, and I think it’s very fitting.
However, I also feel that there were a few loose ends left. A few possibilities that I believe are going to be the focus of the spin off series Bloodlines. First off I want to see what happens to Adrian. I think he more than anyone else deserves some kind of happiness. I want him to find someone and I’m still holding on to my hope that that person will be Sydney. I think that despite her notions of dhampirs, he is more than capable of changing her feelings. I think he’s charming enough to sweep her off her feet. That is unless that other Alchemist Ian doesn’t do it. That’s something I’ll be watching. I want to know what's going to happen to Eddie since he killed that Moroi. How much is that moment going to effect his life? And I’d really love to see how Lissa goes as Queen and what happens to Jill. I want the two of them to get to know one another and bond.

And now....
It’s over *sob* *sob* I can’t believe it’s actually over! I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself not that it’s finished, I really don’t. This series has been the best I’ve ever read. Throughout Rose’s journey I’ve smiled, laughed, practically cried when a certain Guardian became a Strigoi *cough* Dimitri *cough* and enjoyed almost every single moment, bar a few.... and again I head back to when a certain Guardian became a Strigoi. There’s been the ups and downs, the happy moments and the oh so sad ones, and I feel like the ending, the conclusion, makes all those moments when I wanted to scream out loud (and often did) or cry because everything just seemed so horrible.....totally and utterly worth it!
Richelle Mead has created a treasure here and I recommend this series with more heart and soul than I possibly have!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Sacrifice.

Quotes Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Liked

Richelle Mead
“I don't know, but I think it's going to be good.”

Richelle Mead
“I'm backing down now. I really do love you. That's why I'm doing this.”

“Who is he?"
"An idiot, said Adrian. "Makes me look like an upstanding member of society.”

Richelle Mead
“From behind Lissa, I heard Christian say, "Worst. Timing. Ever." Adrian studied Lissa and then looked at Christain sprawling on the bed on the far side of the suite.
"Huh," Adrian said, letting himself in. "So that's how you're going to fix the family problem. Little Dragomirs. Good idea." Christian sat up and strolled toward them.
"Yeah, that's exactly it. You're interrupting official Council business.”

Richelle Mead
“You were wrong. She really is the new general in town."
I smiled back, hoping he wasn't aware of my body's reaction to us standing so close. "Maybe. But, it's okay. You can still be colonel."
He arched an eyebrow. "Oh? Did you demote yourself? Colonel's right below general. What's that make you?"
I reached into my pocket and triumphantly flashed the CR-V keys I'd swiped when we'd come back inside. "The driver," I said.”

Richelle Mead
“I wasn't fooled. He was avoiding looking at me. "There's nothing to talk about."
"I knew you'd say that. Actually, it was a toss-up between that and 'I don't know what you're talking about.'"
Dimitri sighed.”

Richelle Mead
“Sex had been amazing, but it wasn't a magical cure for everything. Damn. Somewhere along the way, I'd picked up common sense.”

Richelle Mead
“Rose, I'm an addict with no work ethic who is likely going to go insane. I'm not like you. I'm not a super-hero."
"Not yet," I said.”

Richelle Mead
“For a moment, I was captivated as I studied them side by side. My mother: the perfect picture of guardian excellence and decorum. My father: always capable of achieving his goals, no matter how twisted the means. Uneasily, I began to understand how I’d inherited my bizarre personality.”

Richelle Mead
“Ah, my daughter,ʺ he said. ʺEighteen, and already youʹve been accused of murder, aided felons, and acquired a death count higher than most guardians will ever see.ʺ He paused. ʺI couldnʹt be prouder.”

Richelle Mead
“I don’t belong to anyone. I make my own choices."
"And you’re with Adrian," said Dimitri.
"But I was meant for you.”

Richelle Mead
“You've always been my equal, Roza.”

Richelle Mead
“What?" I asked uneasily. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

He shook his head, the smile rueful now. "Because sometimes, a person can get so caught up in the details that they miss the whole. It's not just the dress or the hair. It's YOU. You're beautiful. So beautiful, it hurts me.”

12/06/2010 page 0
0.0% "Ahhhhhh! Yes, yes, yes!! Hallelujah, Hallelujah!!! *does dance*
The day has FINALLY arrived!! Seriously don't expect to hear from me people until this is finished!!!!" 1 comment

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) =D I'm glad you think so! The ending is so hard, and i'm sad myself that i'm almost finished. Just 2 chappies to go......

Flameholly161 :C gonna hate that it ends

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) I know, but i'll work on the sequel and maybe you love that too.
I've actually added a new chapter to Destined. I'm not sure if you've checked it out

Flameholly161 i go see!!

Flameholly161 omg its new!!!!!!!!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) I know. Now i just gotta add the epilogue

Daisy Smith r u adding it today or night?

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) I'm just editing it now, so maybe today......

Daisy Smith awww okay. i love how u ended it by the way. i almosted cried.

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Did you? Aw, that's so sweet =)
I'm glad you liked it. I'll be honest....the ending was the HARDEST part of the whole thing to write!
The epilogue is light, it's not as emotional.

Daisy Smith well u did a very good job. im going to miss the story.

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Well, i do plan to write a sequel, so hopefully you'll read and enjoy that.
Roxi and Logan won't be in it though, i'm sorry to tell you.

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) I've just posted the Epilogue and my Authors note so feel free to read!

Flameholly161 GOTTA GO READ IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Hahaha. I'm glad you liked it btw.
But u didn't tell me what you thought on my Authors note :(
You're supossed to tell me EXACTLY what you think of Destined.
But then again, you do tell me all the time so...........

Flameholly161 ha ha ha yeah u already know i love it :)

Flameholly161 only 46 days till this comes out!!!!!!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) I know!!!
It's so, so close!!

Flameholly161 45 days!!!! <3

Flameholly161 43 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flameholly161 42 days :D

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Yay!
Getting closer.....

Flameholly161 41 days :)

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Hey, are you sure that's how long it is. Doesn't it come out on Dec 7th?? Isn't that like 70 days away?
Cos we have Oct and Nov to get through??

message 79: by Flameholly161 (last edited Sep 29, 2010 03:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Flameholly161 its what my friend told me, i didnt think she was right though either

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Haha, oh well.....doesn't matter though, still got a lot of time.
Are you looking foward to the first chapter being posted? I can't wait for that!!

Flameholly161 i NEED the first chapter to be posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh heyy, ifounf out my friend was wrong, its around 59 days not 41

Lynaitte Dimitrilover/TeamDimka/Mrs.Belikov wrote: "i dislike adrian nd there are 3 choices 4 him

1. he killed the queen, he dies
2. he dies 2 save rose
3. he falls in love with someone else"

I really think Adrian loves Rose,...so I think the best way to "get him out of the picture" is #2.

Rivera "Aw, it's gonna be the final book *tear* *tear* "
That's not true, I've read there's gonna be 2 more books about rose and ending her story, so book nr 7 is going to be final book! And I've also read that she's gonna do 6 more books that takes place in the same world but follows different characters..

Flameholly161 its a spin-off series

Lynaitte Does anyone know if the 1st chapter will be out soon?

Flameholly161 it should be out sometime this month

Lynaitte ::sigh:: I'm growing VERY impatient. There are only so many times I can re read the last book. =(

Flameholly161 there are only so many books i can distract myself with

message 89: by Elle (new) - added it

Elle Actully 8 more books r comin out

Flameholly161 nope, its 7 not 8, one more for rose's POV and six in someone else's

message 91: by Bethany (new)

Bethany YES!!!! they should and if they don't I will be excruciatingly....mad (safe for the swear words lol) they deserve each other. <3

Flameholly161 omg 17 days :D

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Only 10 days now....oh so close!!

message 94: by Diana~ (last edited Nov 27, 2010 06:55PM) (new) - added it

Diana~ Oh gosh, I need to hurry up and finish the 4th book! D: Didn't realize that the last book was going to be released this fast.

message 95: by Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (last edited Nov 27, 2010 06:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Lol, yes, it's coming out really soon =)I think you'll find the 4th book to be slightly boring, i did. But Spirit Bound that follows, more than makes up for that. So much happens and so much is revealed.

message 96: by Diana~ (last edited Nov 27, 2010 07:08PM) (new) - added it

Diana~ Yeah, I think that's why it's on my pick-up-later list but in all seriousness, Spirit Bound looks better! LOL. I mean it has a hot cover with Rose and Dimitri in it... What's not to love?

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Spirit Bound is pretty good, although there are plenty of moments and situations within it that i wanted to tear my hair out. Oh, i think it's the best cover out of them all.

message 98: by Diana~ (new) - added it

Diana~ Is it because of Dimitri being a Strigoi and trying to kill her? Lol. Because I really did not expect this series to turn out this way. But yes! The cover really is beautiful and I need to kick myself in continuing to read this series again.

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) Yes and no. It does and it doesn't. Obviously i don't wanna spoil anything for you, but i will tell you it has a lot to do with Dimitri and how he acts in both the 4th and 5th books. Also Rose does a few things in Spirit Bound that i'd have loved to have been able to hit her over the head over.
Neither did I. the last things i expected was for Dimitri to turn Strigoi. I swear the ending of Shadow Kiss was the cliffhanger that hit me the hardest out of ALL the books i've ever read, because it was simply something i was not expecting.

Flameholly161 i cried when i read the ending of shadow kiss, not gonna lie

8 DAYS!!!!!!! ((if u dont count 2day))