Kim's Reviews > The Plot Thickens

The Plot Thickens by Mary Higgins Clark

Aug 04, 2009

bookshelves: 2008-reads
Read in September, 2008

This is an anthology by several authors including Mary Higgins Clark, Lawrence Block, Edna Buchanan, Carol Higgins Clark, Lauren Demille and Janet Evanovich. These authors came together to benefit a literacy group.

Each author wrote a short story that had to include a thick fog, a thick steak, and a think book. This idea was a great one and half the entertainment came from seeing how each author encompassed all three elements into one story.

My favorite story in the book though had to be the Janet Evanovich one. It was a short story with Stephanie, Lula, and Grandma Mazur in it. The placement in the books was a great idea. It was right in the middle of the heavier stories. Gave you a good laugh and then you go on to the deeper ones.

I give it a 4 out of 5. It's a great idea for a great cause, a good book for a rainy day or day at the park with the kids.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Plot Thickens.

Margaret I agree with Janet Evanovich having the best short story. In fact, if not for this very book I would have never given her Stephanie Plum series a chance. :)