Nick Black's Reviews > The Secret Life of Salvador Dalí

The Secret Life of Salvador Dalí by Salvador Dalí

Nov 18, 09

bookshelves: momentarily-placed-gently-aside, to-acquire

Well shit, I broke up with this girl and now I can't finish the fucking book argh.
-----
picked this up at a friend's house, and it is surprisingly good thus far -- as in, shockingly surprisingly good. quotable in the extreme. dali was quite a raffish character! i'm leaving it over at her house, so progress will be sporadic.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Life of Salvador Dalí.

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie quotable in the extreme.

"I do not understand why, when I ask for a grilled lobster in a restaurant, I am never served a cooked telephone." My personal favorite Dali quote. I used to have a T-shirt with that on it.

message 2: by Nick (new) - added it

Nick Black Natalie wrote: "quotable in the extreme.

And the chef arrived from the kitchen, exasperated as only a French chef can be exasperated. "The goats!" he cried. "Once again it is that they march!"

message 3: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Did you happen to see this on BoingBoing a few weeks ago?

message 4: by Nick (new) - added it

Nick Black Natalie wrote: "Did you happen to see this on BoingBoing a few weeks ago?"

urk, that's kinda grisly. it's like buying the gun william s. burroughs shot his wife, or being really into oppenheimer so you purchase the throat cancer which killed him.

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Heh. Full disclosure, then: Right behind me on one of my bookshelves is a bright orange prescription bottle full of dirt and rocks from the former site of Jeffrey Dahmer's apartment building.

On that cheery note, goodnight, Nicholas!!

message 6: by K R N (new)

K R N andy warhol's one of my favorites, THE favorite artist to read stuff by... have you read his stuff nick?

message 7: by K R N (new)

K R N ps. not the one where he just transcribed what everyone said for a few days.. that was not so exciting. the ones he actually wrote.